top of page

Recent Photos

WPGTA Plow , Pull and show day at the Beacon Hotel

Spring 2011 Jan-March

3/20/2011 meeting

Chapter 34 I H Club

March 20, 2011

Officers present at the meeting were: Pres. Joe Hnatkovich, Director and fundraising Denny Engle, Directors Charles Jordan and Mark Campbell, Sect. Inez Jordan. Others attending were: Gary Magee and Cliff Campbell. Joe Rice left the treasurer’s report but did not attend the meeting.

Chapter 34 I H Club

March 20, 2011

Officers present at the meeting were: Pres. Joe Hnatkovich, Director and fundraising Denny Engle, Directors Charles Jordan and Mark Campbell, Sect. Inez Jordan. Others attending were: Gary Magee and Cliff Campbell. Joe Rice left the treasurer’s report but did not attend the meeting.

The treasurer’s report was read. The balance was $2,835.01, bill from Great World for buttons was $189.50, the new balance is $2,645.51. No response, stands as read.

The minutes of the Jan 23rd meeting was read. No response, stands as read.

The 50th anniversary show at Millville is canceled. Denny sent 2 e-mails to Ben T. that we couldn’t do the show. Bill Markle sent an e-mail to Inez about Ben T. wondering about the show. Bingman sent an e-mail to Denny wanting to know about the show. Denny e-mailed them and told them the show was canceled. Then Chapter 17’s newsletter came out and said that no notice was sent to Ben about the show being canceled due to lack of commitment.

In response to the letter sent to members about the show, about 2 dozen members replied that they couldn’t do the 50th anniversary show.

Denny has found about 3 doz. 2010 buttons and 2 doz. Magnets. Dave charged a $1 for them but take one if you want.

Website – Wally has the website going. Charlie got the video of plowing. Inez and Mark got trivia games. Denny changed update on 50th anniversary show.

The website will be upgraded to get rid of the ads. Cost $60 right now to have a forum on the website. Wally is taking care of that.

Denny went off as director last Oct. but will stay on until a regular election is held. A few want the meeting place changed but then the ones who always attend from southern PA would have to travel an extra hour or hour and a half to have a meeting in the St. Marys/Emporium area. At the last meeting held in NY state, no one from NY state attended that meeting while 6 members from PA attended.

Posters - Denny stated there is a mistake on the plow days posters about the wrong website and should read as they are a sponsor.

Denny has the 50th anniversary calendars for anyone who wants one. Also 12 T shirts size XL and 2 XL for $10 each. We could use some T shirts for the auction at plow days at Renfew. The International emblem sells for $10 but anyone at the meeting today can have one for $5.

Denny told Mike Silberhorn the 50th anniversary show was canceled and Mike said he had already sent a box of items. Denny forgot the Hoover promotions book. There were a few items he would like to order, IH hat pins, 3 I H flags and 2 doz. cookie cutters. Denny will order these items and if they sell, he will buy more. Denny ordered 10 black 50th anniversary license plates for himself and will donate $5 for each plate sold to chapter 34.

Denny would like to buy a park bench at $199 but how would we sell chances on it with out a small games of chance license? Talked about selling chances at Renfew but with Fort Allen the same day would we have that many attend at Renfew?

Page 2 Chapter 34 IH Club March 20, 2011

Denny has applications for Chapter 34 and for the International clubs if anyone wants one. Anyone who plows at Renfew must be a member of the national club. Do we need to contact nationals that we are having plow days so we are covered by insurance?

Denny bought a locking cash box for $22 for keeping club money in at the auction.

Denny suggested giving Carrie S. $100 + for her work on posters and newsletter.

Up coming shows are Plow days at Renfrew 4/30, Nittnay Valley Spring show, PPMA spring show over the Memorial Day weekend and Coolspring show in June.

Motion to adjourn made by Charlie J., 2nd by Gary M.

Respectfully submitted by Inez J., Sect.

Chapter 34 Newsletter by Carrie

Chapter 34 I H Club

January 23, 2011

Officers present at the meeting were: Pres. Joe H., Treas. Joe R., Director and fund raising Denny E., Director Charles J., Sect. Inez J. Other members attending were: Ray Freedline, Bob Francis, Mark Campbell and Cliff Campbell.

The meeting was called to order by Joe H. and opened with prayer.

Joe R. reported as of Jan. 18, 2011, the bank balance was $2,835.01.

Minutes of the July 11, 2010 meeting held at Ebensburg , Pa were read. Motion to accept made by Charles J., 2nd by Bob F.

Denny stated that Mike Silberhorn sent a case of calendars with the 50th anniversary on them. Wally W. can make posters for about .15 each for plow days. will have poster of plow days on it.

Denny talked to Ben T. of Chapter 17 and he stated have an election and try to get reorganized. They want us to go ahead with the show at Millville and they will help. Lodging – Exit 215 off I 80 to Rt. 258 to Millville . There are not many places to stay in that area. Joe R. suggested we get in touch with Chapter 17 secretary Shirley B. and see if she can send us a list for the area.

Denny stated that Carrie S. will make poster for next quarter for IH newsletter.

Denny stated that Doc wanted to do a 3 -4 day show at Millville but he suggested Fri. and Sat. show and go home Sun. Chapter 17 will open the door and have food at the event and our Chapter would have to organize the rest of the show.

Charles J. asked what it would entail to cancel the show. Denny stated that out of 67 members only 9 are here today and that is not enough help to put on the show.

Denny stated the Chapter 34 Cub Cadet IH was created so there would be insurance for plow days.

Denny stated that Dave’s picture would be on the buttons for plow days at Renfew , PA. The buttons cost $1 plus shipping. Bob F. suggested we use the buttons at J & P plow days. We would only need about 75 buttons at Renfew for those that will be plowing so we could sell the rest or give a free button to the members. Denny doesn’t know if there were any 2010 buttons left over from plow days as Dave had them.

A motion to buy 250 buttons was made by Inez J., 2nd by Mark C.

Bob F. will print posters for plow days. Must be done by Feb. 28. Joe H. suggested putting posters in all the Tractor Supply Stores.

A motion that if Bob F. can’t do the plow days poster, Wally W. will do them at .15 each for 100 posters made by Joe R., 2nd by Mark C.

Carrie S. does newsletters and posters but she wants paid to do ads for Millville show.

Charles J. made a motion not to do the Millville show, 2nd by Mark C.

Bob F. suggested e mailing members try to get 5 to 10 more to help with the show at Millville .

A motion to email the members and let them vote on the Millville show Sept. 30 and Oct. 1 weekend with 1 week to vote and ask if they will help with the show. Tell them don’t vote for the show if you can’t help. Jim B. already stated he doesn’t want to have the show at Millville .

Bob F. ask for a vote on Millville today and 7 out of 9 members don’t want to do the show.

Page 2 Chapter 34 IH Jan. 23,2011

Denny stated our chapter is to help promote I H and we should be having a meeting every quarter. Next meeting should be at Renfew. We need to have 4 meetings a year, one show which is plow days and we are required to help out at any I H event. There was much discussion.

Wally W. would like a web site and he would pay ½ of the $90 fee. Bob F. asked if Wall would be willing to do the website and would he put our events on his website?

Denny stated that Dave had a website and he was the administrator of the website. Bob F stated that we do need a website.

Denny stated we need to spend money to make money. The official 50th anniversary license plates with the building at Millville and a Cub Cadet tractor on them cost $20 plus shipping . This is Chapter 34’s official license plate. He also stated we need stuff to sell. He has some cookie cutters and they sell for $10 each. We have stuff to sell at Renfew but we need to get a few more items.

Bob F. made a motion for Denny to buy items to sell in the amount of up to $1,000, 2nd by Charlie J. Denny has 45th anniversary items, about 75 T shirts but no regular shirts. Joe R. will help get some yellow Cub Cadet hats. Denny stated that we should sell items at 50% profit but maybe we can charge a little less and sell more items. All items Denny has left is paid for so all money is now profit.

There was much discussion about area shows. The Fort Allen plow days are the same day as Renfew at the end of April. The Bloomsburg Fair will feature IH equipment this year and will be held at the end of Sept. Maybe some members could go and sell some of our items during fair week.

Bob F. stated we will not dissolve Chapter 34, so we need items to sell to stay solvent.

Denny has 5 cigarette lighters, lots of shirts and a tray. Hoover Promotions has many items that we can buy to sell for money makers.

Joe R. stated that IH doesn’t want the old stuff on items, no nostalgia at all.

Bob F. suggested a raffle on a toy tractor or Pedal tractor (cost about $150). Raffle tabled since we don’t have a small games of chance license. Denny stated that before raffle tickets were sent out to members to sell and ½ were never returned.

We need to regroup and it will take time to get going for next year. We need to do stuff locally to promote the club.

The by laws state we need 9 directors and an officer may or may not be a director.

Right now the officers are Joe Hnatkovich, Pres., Joe Rice, Treas.and director, Charles Jordan, director, Denny Engle, director and fund raising chairman, Jim Bagley, director. Officers appointed are Bob Francis, V. Pres. and director, Wally Whitfield, director, Howard Judd, director, and Mark Campbell, director. Directors will be appointed depending on their acceptance of the appointment.

Joe H. has Dave’s papers and president’s handbook.

Motion to adjourn made by Bob F. 2nd by Inez J. Respectfully summited by Inez J. Sect.

Secretary will send a letter about the show at Millville and will state ”will you help with the show at Millville ”. We need at least 10 people to help with the 50th anniversary show. Please reply by Feb. 15.

Do to lack of commitment by chapter 34 members,the Millville 50th anniversary show has be canceled.I have contacted chapter 17 as such and have not receivd a responce.

bottom of page